Thursday, May 28, 2009
EMG testing
I dont ever wanna have another EMG test again.

This was advised for me to have in order to see how damaged my nerves are.
But I wasnt told that there are two procedures for this.
And that I have no choice but to take both of them.

NCV
Flat metal disc taped to my fingers and some part of my hand, while shock emiting electrode is placed over my pulse (or wherever the bone part is). Electrical pulses (which start at the lowest voltage since I was so nervous) are given to the nerve and is recorded. This was done, with a trainee watching and learning how this process is done. (So I became their guinea pig??).  This was no fun at all, especially everytime electrice pulse is given. 

The test was repeated due to the abnormal response of my nerves (mabagal daw considering my age), the doctor asked if my hands are cold.. and yep they are. They needed to heat my hands and turn the aircon off so my nerves will be awaken. The things is, my hands kept gettin cold easilly. Who wouldnt be nervous on this?

EMG
Im scared of needles coz they hurt the most. And this made me more scared than NCV. Needles are inserted into my muscles and is observed. Its more painful especially when they hafta move my arm to see how the muscle reacts. I hafta loo away and not look at the needles (thats why I dont have any idea how big or how small they are). The part that hurts more is when it was inserted at the side of my thumb (palm down), hurts a  lot more when placed at my palm. But it hurts the most when the needle was inserted at the back of my neck... I was a bit shocked because all the while I thought they would only be puttin and testin my hand and my arm.. This was the most uncomfortable and never again would I wanna go back and have that test again.. And twas done TWICE.  I almost cry but gladly I didnt.

After the test, my arms (left and right kase), hands, and my back felt weak and sore. Para kang nag gym or nabugbog sa kanto. There were some bruises and mild swelling, well I was told to expect to have them a few more days pa.

It drained me.. Sa takot, sa test, sa needles, sa pain :p~


Thanks for bein there, even though you weren't allowed to accompany me inside

eus logo scribbled 12:25 AM  
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home
 
 
I am Eus


Name: eus
Home:
All About Me:
Get to Know me More

Golden Memories
Ancient Scrolls
My Hommies
SaKuRa Says
SaKuRa's TagBoard

Tagboard by Tag-Board.Org
Name:

URL or Email:

Message [Smilies]:

Who's My Creampuff
How Many
Tick Tock
windows vista
windows vista Counter
Counting You
mortgage brokers
mortgage brokers Counter